Duplicating an existing Event Group
If you want to create a new Event Group based on an Event Group that already exists in OpenSplitTime (for example, from a prior year), you can easily duplicate an Event Group.
- Make sure you are logged in and have owner privileges for your Organization.
- Go to My Stuff > My Organizations, then click on your Organization and click on the Event Group.
- Click on Admin > Construction > Group Actions > Duplicate group.
- Enter the name and date for the new Event Group and click "Duplicate Event Group".
- OpenSplitTime will duplicate the Event Group and all Events within the original Event Group, but will not add any Entrants.
- Make any changes as necessary. For example, if the start time for your 100K was 6:00 last year but you've moved it to 5:30 this year, you can click Admin > Construction, and then Actions > Edit event.
- Now import your Entrants and you are ready to go.